Crunchyroll is looking for a passionate and dedicated Brand Manger to take ownership of their assigned Brand content and products, making sure each title is strategically promoted and distributed, as well as being an advocate to make sure each IP is promoted to its fullest potential. The Brand Manager is the expert on their Brand Titles, and will be the lead in coming up with promotional plans and following up on execution, as well as be the go-to person for anything related to the brand. This role will be responsible for overseeing the full exploitation life cycle of acquired brands/titles across various internal departments. Additionally, this role will own the partnership management of the content’s associated Licensors.
The ideal Brand Manager is self-driven, organized, responsible, and is able to effectively manage multiple IPs at different stages of their life cycles. They will have had experience in knowing how to manage content IPs across multiple channels of distribution, and work across many cross functional teams internally, as well as various partners in outside channels.
Japanese ability and interest or expertise in Japanese anime is a strong plus.
- Know your assigned brands thoroughly to enable strong marketing collaborations and proper exploitation that resonates with the brand. You will be the authority and biggest advocate of your brands.
- Serve as the key point of contact for managed brands across multiple internal departments (Audience Development, Rights Management, Content Operations, Marketing & Distribution) and Licensors.
- Develop and own brand execution & marketing plans for assigned brands across the full cycle of rights exploitation (simulcast, home entertainment, VOD, theatrical, events, merchandising, etc).
- Be the key point of contact for the brand’s licensor for requests. Provide periodic updates for new and existing brands to each partner. Proactively update changes to exploitation strategy and rationale behind the change.
- Independently oversee the exploitation and use of brand’s likeness by coordinating internal approvals & external approvals with Licensors when necessary.
- Own, advocate and secure brand’s marketing across Audience Development, Editorial, Marketing, Commerce and Rights teams.
- Obtain license approvals for assigned brands.
- Facilitate guest invitations of respective Licensors and their associated talent for Crunchyroll Events.
- 2-4 years of relevant entertainment experience working directly with content and/or rights holders
- 1+ year of partnership management and cross functional department experience
- Excellent persuasive presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience and ability to influence without authority
- Well organized and detailed oriented, you’re self driven and own and manage your deliverables without intervention
- Self-motivated, proactive, and optimistic attitude
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills, ability to interpret data to make decisions
- Bachelor’s degree
- Japanese proficiency and/or interest in Japanese anime a plus
- Proficient in either Mac or PC, comfortable navigating software outside of Microsoft Office / Google Apps suites.
- Experience using content delivery software (Aspera, SFTP, etc) and CMS backend systems a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and vision insurance, 401k, and Commuter benefits
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Catered lunch and dinner 4x/week
- Pet friendly environment
*Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact email@example.com before giving away any personal information.
Crunchyroll is a leading global destination and platform for Japanese anime and Asian content. Through applications including Crunchyroll for iPhone, iPad, Android, Playstation®3, Playstation®4, Xbox LIVE®, AppleTV, Roku, Internet-enabled TVs, set-top boxes, affiliate websites and its own streaming website, Crunchyroll delivers more than 25,000 episodes and 15,000 hours of officially-licensed content from leading Asian media producers direct to viewers translated professionally in multiple languages within minutes of TV broadcast. The company was founded in 2006 and now has over 700,000 paid subscribers and is a Top 10 SVOD service.
About Ellation, Inc. (General)
Ellation is a leading OTT video business committed to building premium video experiences for passionate superfans and creating a more sustainable direct-to-consumer business model for content creators and programmers. Ellation operates the anime streaming platform Crunchyroll, the crafting site Creativebug, and the recently launched VRV, a curated multi-channel platform for fans of animation, games, sci-fi, fantasy, comedy, horror, and technology.
Ellation is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and is funded by Otter Media, a Joint Venture between The Chernin Group and AT&T.